dinsdag 27 oktober 2009

Marie-Antoinette




Related to my previous post I'm dedicating this one to the beautiful movie Marie-Antoinette. Well, to be honest I'm not affected by the movie itself. The historical part of the story doesn't really move me, neither does the acting.

Marie-Antoinette, or 'Dauphine de France', was the one and only fashionista in Versailles at that time. Because of that, it's obvious that the things that do strike me are her beautiful costumes, hairdos, shoes and furniture. They are all covered with feathers, pearls, ribbons, gold and stones and worn by the bourgeoisie of that time. Also worth mentioning are the macarons, cupcakes and pyramid-like cakes with a sweetness perceptible just by looking at them.

 'Marie-Antoinette' inspires me in every way. I adore the details, the delicateness and the beauty which you can find in almost every scene. At that point the movie really outshines. I'm tending to buy it just to dream away by the gorgeous sceneries and to stimulate my inspiration. And maybe someday I'll see the beauty in the storyline as wel. Baroque, burlesque, vintage, classic, delightful, … A million words wouldn't be enough to describe it entirely. Dream away by this goddess lifestyle. I heart it.


With love,


A.                      

                        







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Followers